I work as a person centred therapist using integrative skills including Solution Focused and Existential therapies when required, working with children and adults with mild to moderate issues.
I can help you with a variety of issues such as, but not exhaustive:
- Low self-esteem
My training in Humanistic Counselling enables me to work empathetically and unconditionally, empowering people to grow emotionally towards their ideal self, allowing self-actualisation to take place enabling people to reach their ideal potential.We can all need emotional support at times with events such as life changes, trauma and past events. These can impede on our coping skills. As a Counsellor I can offer a safe non-judgmental environment for individuals to explore their feelings, behaviours and emotions and be able to move forward and regain a sense of self-empowerment.
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling (University of Nottingham)
- Foundation Degree in Business
- Diploma Level 5 in Counselling
- Level 2 in Counselling Practice
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in working with 6 – 11 year old children
- Counsellor working within NHS
- School Counsellor
- Accreditation with National Counselling Society
- Autism awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Mindfulness & Self-care
- Suicide Risk
- Personality Disorder
- Working with anxious clients
- Art Therapy Workshop
- Play Therapy Workshop
- First Aid Training in mental health
- I am a registered Accredited Registrant member of NCS, National Counselling Society. (Member No. NCS16-03643) A Governing Body, adhering to the organisations code of conduct and ethical framework.
- I continue to keep up to date with regular ongoing professional further development and training and undertake regular supervision.
- I have experience of working within the NHS counselling patients referred from Oncology & Chronic Fatigue/ME around their mental health derived from the physical illness.
- Working with bereaved clients within a bereavement centre setting.
- A school Counsellor: working with children in education from 6 – 25 yrs.
- Working in my private practice as a therapist.